Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This week's a two-fer!

Due to my slacking off last week, and not posting a song-as I'm sure you noticed-I'm taking the liberty of throwing out to songs for your listening pleasure. As always, the youtube links will be pasted below!

The first song is "I Got A Woman" covered by the John Mayer Trio. This masterpiece of a song was originally written and performed by Ray Charles but most of you will probably recognize the chorus melody/hook from Kanye West's "Gold Digger." The Trio's version of the song is permeated with soul and energy. I absolutely love the way it sounds and I hope you do too!

The second song is from The Fray's new self-titled album. Has anyone listened to this album yet? In my opinion, it's better than their debut album. Track number eight is called, "Enough For Now." I'll be honest, I can't pinpoint exactly what this song is about. It seems to speak to a girl whose father walked out on her at a young age and the feelings associated with the experience sung from the perspective of the girl's friend, or maybe boyfriend? Help me out if you can decipher more than that.

Enough For Now: (Live Version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MlrTd_nMjc

I Got A Woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RckfbOm84Qc&feature=related

No comments: