Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A little bit of Kanye West...

How is everybody doing?! I'm doing fantastically well, especially since it's time for me to post another tight song (I hope you think it is too)!

This week's song comes from Mr. "Louis Vitton Don" himself, Kanye West. To be honest, I don't listen to TONS of Kanye, but some of his songs are, in my opinion, phenomenal. Musically each of his albums is unique and reflects his progression as an artist and a as a person. Lyrically, he throws down some creativity beyond the grasp of most artists in the hip-hip/rap world.

At any rate...this song, Heartless, was performed by Mr. West during his Vh1 Storytellers concert which aired a few months ago. If the original version of this song is enough to get you shaking and singin' then this live version, backed by a full-symphony and featuring numerous "on the fly" flows and monlogues, will definitely get you out of your seat! He's backed by a full strings section, bassist, multiple drummers, back up singers and a slick fingered guitarist who busts out a pretty impressive riff mid-song.

Needless to say, this song is dope, that's right, DOPE!

Enjoy and let me know what you think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz89AELIocE

PS: for anyone out there who really digs Kanye's stuff, you'll appreciate the other Storytellers videos featured on Youtube

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! Love the John Mayer Trio with a little borrowed from Kanye! Brandon has a few of the trio's cd's - I guess I'll have to borrow them.