Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My first open mic night!

Hello hello to everyone who reads this, there must be at least a couple of people right? Recently I've started taking more time to learn the guitar. It's an instrument I've always loved. Over the years I've had the privilege of songwriting with other guitarists, mostly my buddy Mike Knippers, but I've never had enough "guitar knowledge" or skill to write my own stuff.

So I decided to change that! Over the past few weeks I've written a couple simple songs, it's been fun. I ventured out to an open mic night in Salt Lake with my buddy Seth to unleash my original songs on the world! (Or at least the 15 or so people in attendance, haha) At any rate, Seth was kind enough to get some video of me playing.

Here's the youtube link, I hope you like the song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4N-cefJKO8

1 comment:

Melissa said...

wow! this is so awesome!!!